The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



19 March 2005

Can We Legally Kill People Now?


W

hat a struggle in Florida over Terri Schiavo, the poor woman who has been living on life support for the past 15 years. As you may or may not know, her feeding tubes were removed yesterday and is expected to die in 7 to 14 days. Even Congress got into the act with one side actually subpoenaing Terri to appear before them later this month, and thereby prohibiting the tube removal for at least a month... the other side of the aisle wants her tubes removed. When did we start playing God in this country? "Ok, you can live..." "sorry Miss you're a little too sick." "Ok, we have way too many people with last names beginning with P, sorry guys we need to thin out the ranks."

I know, I know, that's stretching it but... We're one of the few countries left in the world that still employs the Death Penalty, and that's on the wane even... well unless you're from Texas like me... For many years we held the #1 spot in the nation for executions. Is mercy killing replacing our thirst for death?

Having said all that I sit here typing this out and thank God I am not in the shoes of anyone making this decision. I couldn't. But what I do think is that if it comes down to who has the last word... I think it should be her parents. They brought her into this world, etc. Shrug. Unless perhaps there were grown children involved and then possibly the husband and grown children as a family unit. And I'm sorry if today's article was a bit of a downer, but every so often something intelligent does float through my brain.

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

Do you have any feelings one way or the other? If you're married have you discussed it with your spouse? or written it down anywhere?
Or, if you don't want to deal with this subject... what's on your mind today? And we won't hold it against you either way... Promise!

The 100 Things Countdown Continues

Continuing with my list:
85. I collect Stamps. I started when I was a kid. Then I was dating a girl, and in an effort to really get in good with her I gave her brother my stamp album to get him interested in stamp collecting. How dumb was I? But I started it up again and have 4 HUGE albums filled with stamps.

84. I have at least 1 plug-into-the-wall air freshener in each room of my apartment and of the 8 plugins, only 1 has stuff in it. (Now isn't that something you were wondering?)

83. I was saving #83 here for my bank balance but that's way too depressing.

See y'all tomorrow! And don't forget what Sunday is... The Answerman Cometh! If you have any burning questions and just can't find the answer... leave your questions in the comments section today. You'll get your answer tomorrow, if the Answerman shows up for work that is... And remember, in the event of a tie, the Answerman always wins!

Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker