The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



17 March 2005

Happy Saint Patrick's Day


S

lainte'... It just dawned on me that I should have saved all the little Irish icons that I used the other day for this posting today. Now I've got Nothing! Zippo! Zilch! НИЧЕГО! Nada! Rien! Nichts! Non niente! 没有什么东西!Laugh.......

Erin Go Bra, Baby!

I used all my little Irish icons and could only find this one that I liked for today. Therein is my problem. I do not "save for a rainy day", nor do I believe in "put off today what you can do tomorrow" and my favorite "who cares if it's July and my birthday is in March... gimme my present NOW" I have to do it right now! A good example of this was back in August and I was in a computer store. I saw this neat flat screen monitor. I was just getting tired of my old, huge bulky one that took up half the desk and never fit anywhere. I thought, I'll wait until the price comes down a little bit more... maybe in a few months. I actually thought that all the time lifting the new monitor box into my shopping cart and paying for it at the register.

Since I make up my daily blog "on the run" so to speak, with very little for-thought... I know we have bloggers from the UK that come here... is St. Patrick's Day celebrated there? I have a feeling it might be more of a celebration here than over in the UK.... except for Ireland I would imagine. And while I'm thinking of it, stop by my cousin Fran's website Bogside Rogues

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

Do you celebrate your nationality with a special day and when? Do you have an interesting St. Patty's Day party story to tell us? Ever been to an Irish wake? (body is in the living room and the party in the kitchen. Some of my best parties have been at funerals!) Not Irish? No Problem... make up your own story!

One for the Road...


A man stumbles up to the only other patron in Malloy's Bar and asks if he could buy him a drink. "Why of course," comes the reply.
The first man then asks: "Where are you from?" "I'm from Ireland," replies the second man. The first man responds: "You don't say, I'm from Ireland too! Let's have another round to Ireland." "Of Course," replies the second man.

Curious, the first man then asks: "Where in Ireland are you from?"
"Dublin," comes the reply. "I can't believe it," says the first man. "I'm from Dublin too! Let's have another drink to Dublin."

"Of course," replies the second man.
Curiosity again strikes and the first man asks: "What school did you go to?"
"Saint Mary's," replies the second man. "I graduated in '65."
"This is unbelievable!," the first man says. "I went to Saint Mary's and I graduated in '65, too!"

About that time in comes one of the regulars and sits down at the bar. "What's been going on?," he asks the bartender. "Nothing much," replies the bartender. "The O'Malley twins are drunk again."

Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker