The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



31 March 2005

Springtime Means Sightseeing...


S

pring has sprung here in Texas... To me that means "roadtrips"!! There's just so much to see and do here in Texas. One of the trips I enjoy taking is out west to Big Bend National Park. It's a long ride, about 10 hours, but well worth it. One of the things I really find totally awesome is at night. You're literally a hundred miles from any light... which means at night there are billions of stars spread out across the night sky. You have to stop your car, get out and stand in amazement as you look heavenward. It looks like one of those pictures you look at and say, "this is fake, there's not that many stars."


Then I usually make a yearly pilgrimage out to the Alamo in San Antonio. I don't know why, but I have a very definite connection to that place. An interesting side trip is to Bracketsville, Texas where the John Wayne film of The Alamo was shot. They rebuilt a little town to represent San Antonio for the movie and it has been the site for many movies and TV shows, including "Lonesome Dove." However, this year I may make a trip further north to where the newer Alamo movie was shot. They also re-created the Alamo structure. I've seen the Johnson Space Center a few times and that has kinda worn off. Then there's always Galveston...Everyone thinks Galveston is wonderful and great... and I guess in its' own way it is, but coming from back East where we have the entire Jersey shoreline with Atlantic City, Wildwood, and Ocean City, both in NJ and MD... Galveston is a bit of a letdown, except at Mardi Gras time. Then the place really jumps and comes alive.

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

What site-seeing hot spots are there where you live? Is there one spot in particular that you just have to go every year? Buildings? I know our friends in Great Britain have tons of places and I love hearing about them, all the time. Oh, and do your places of interest allow cats? LOL Speaking of cats... I saw Easter going in the litterbox this morning!!! Yay!!

The 100 Things Countdown Continues

Continuing with my list:
49. I use to watch Davy Crockett on TV when I was much younger with my Davy Crockett coonskin hat on.

48. As punishment, I had to watch Davy Crockett without my coonskin hat on. Same with my Mickey Mouse ears when the Mouseketeers came on.

47. Speaking of the Mouseketeers... I was totally in love with Annette Funicello on there. I wrote her a fan letter, gushing all over the place. I never heard back from her... Actually, I like to think she wrote back professing undying love for me, but it somehow got lost in the mail.

If you really want to see my uptodate 100 Things.

Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker