The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



02 April 2005

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are...


A

nother April Fools Day has slipped into history and here we are on April 2nd. It's only 4AM and already I've put a full day in... I woke up at 2AM and sat here in a zombie state looking at an empty blog spot in which today's writings would soon mysteriously appear. It never happened... So I did the next best thing... my laundry.


Since I live in an apartment which is a little too small to accommodate washing and drying machines, I have to walk over to the complex laundomat. Pretty easy... whites here, colors there, bed sheets in this one... about a half hour later everything was done. Into the dryer everything went. About a half hour later I was taking everything out and folding.

At the end of it all, there was one lonely sock.... all by itself, sitting on the table looking totally lost. I looked in the washing machine, nope. Looked in the dryer, nope. The floor, nope... where the hell was it? Where did it go? I even unfolded clothes and looked for it... Was it there? Nope. Like an idiot, I even looked in machines that I knew I didn't use... Then I started doubting myself. Maybe the second sock never made it from my apartment. Nope, after checking I decided both socks went to the laundry room. This isn't the first time I've had to deal with a runaway sock... all with the same ending. I think a quarter of my sock drawer is now filled with mateless socks. Maybe I should put pictures of my lonely socks on the blog here...

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

Does this happen to you? Things mysteriously disappear from the washing machine? What do you do with that lonely sock? Toss it? Save it in hopes the other match will re-appear?

Today's Birthday

I think I'll start a birthday thing here. Everyday I'll let you know one person that was born on this date. Today's birthday boy is Charlemagne, the 1st Holy Roman Emperor, born in 742 AD

The 100 Things Countdown Continues

Continuing with my list:

44. I have 7 pairs of black socks, 4 pairs of brown, 4 pairs of tan and 7 lonely socks in my sock drawer.

43. I rarely wear socks anymore unless I am wearing a suit.

If you really want to see my uptodate 100 Things.

Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker