The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



15 April 2005

I Did The Unthinkable


T

his morning I woke up at 2:30 AM, give or take a few minutes. I began doing what I normally do... coffee, bathroom, turn on computer, fed Easter to stop her starvation chant. Then I sat down in front of the computer and once again looked at a blank screen. What should I write about today for my blog? Something witty? Down to earth stuff? Something intelligent to show off my steel-trap intelligence? I sat and gazed at the monitor in a zombie-like state.

Nothing went through my brain, not even junk. I thought perhaps I was thinking too hard and started doing other things... I played around on Paltalk for awhile, chatted with some people... trying very hard to jump-start my thoughts. Empty... Blank... Nada... I finally went and did it... I blew up my brain and on a Friday... I always hoped my brain would malfunction and short out on a Monday. Then I did the unthinkable.

I went back to bed. Yes at about 5:30 AM and 3 cups of coffee, I jumped back into bed. Within minutes I was sound asleep once again. I woke up at 7AM, and felt pretty refreshed. I started all over again. Coffee, bathroom, comb hair so I would look presentable sitting in front of the monitor, just in case space aliens were watching me through the screen. Panic started to grip me... no, no I thought... this can't be happening again... Nothing was going from my brain to my fingers so I could type. Geez, now what do I do?

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

Have you ever had one of those days? You need to do things and just can't get moving? You need to do something and just say screw it? And don't forget, the Answerman Comeths this Sunday. Leave your question in the comments section today and tomorrow!

Today's Birthday

Today's birthday guy is Leonardo da Vinci, painter, sculptor, scientist and visionary, born in 1452. Today is also my daughter Joanne's birthday! Happy Birthday Joanne. And as if you need a reminder, it's Income Tax day!

The 100 Things Countdown Continues

Continuing with my list:

28. I did my income taxes early this year, mainly because I owed nothing and was getting nothing back either.

27. I only once walked zombie-like in my sleep.

If you really want to see my uptodate 100 Things.

Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker