The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



07 April 2005

I'm Rich!! Rich!! Rich I Tell Ya!


R

ich beyond my wildest dreams. What should I buy first? A new car? A new house? Rings? Let me back-track for a second... Two nights ago I got an email from a friend saying if I sent out the attached prayer within 10 minutes to 3 million of my closest friends I would get a surprise in 24 hours. So I went through the Texas phonebook picking out 3 million new friends.

It was right... within 24 hours I received my email from Mr. Ugo Oba in Nigeria. He told me the sad, pathetic story of his client, who along with his wife AND three children (it's always, always, always the poor wife and exactly three children, not one, not two, but three children) who all were killed when their plane went down, or village was attacked or were all shot in front of a firing squad, just insert your own mode of horrible death. Mr. Ugo Oba tried extremely hard to find any living relatives of these fine folks and just couldn't locate any of them. So, somehow he tracked down little old me in Texas... and he is willing to share this fortune of 20 million dollars with me. Me? Yes, me. Little old me from Texas. Now all I had to do was send him my bank account number and he would transfer the money! "Wow! This is my lucky day", I said... Help me out folks I can't possibly spend 20 million dollars!!


Geez, how many times have you received a similar email from (insert any country here) like this one? I've received so many emails that the population in Africa must be down to 2 or 3 people, because everyone else died from a firing squad or car crash or terminal illness. I am soooo tempted to go and start a new bank account, put no money in it and send the info to Mr Ubo... and see what happens.

I can't help but wonder if my new 3 million friends from the phonebook are now pissed at me.

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

Have you received any emails like this? Have you ever been tempted? Know anyone who did it?

Today's Birthday

Today's birthday boy is W K Kellogg who was a real corn flake. (yuk yuk) Born today in 1866. Altogether now... "Snap, Crackle, Pop" oopps, wrong birthday song.

The 100 Things Countdown Continues

Continuing with my list:

36. I secretly really want to do it.

35. I promise here and now, if I ever do, do it and I get 20 million... I'll give each of you $1.00

If you really want to see my uptodate 100 Things.

Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker