The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



16 April 2005

Shoes, Shoes and More Shoes


N

ow tell the truth and shame the devil. How many pairs of shoes do you own? It doesn't make any difference if you wear them or not. Yesterday was closet cleanout day. I have 4 closets here and they are crammed with assorted junk. There are things in them that I haven't seen for a long time and didn't know I even had. I came across parts of things... things that click into, snap into, screw into other parts, and I don't know where those parts are.

But for some reason it seems like the shoes were taking over the number 1 spot. All of my dress shoes are wing tipped. There are black, brown, oxblood. Loafers: black, brown, tan. And assorted sneeks/tennis shoes... 5 pairs of assorted. Then there are the loners... kinda like my sock problem... there's only one shoe and I don't have a clue where the other one might be. I'm not in the habit of walking around with just one shoe. So where is it's mate? There was a pair of golf shoes that had definitely seen better days. They even still had dirt in the cleets from the last time I played golf... which was in the 90's I think. One flip-flop. And one pair of lonely bedroom slippers that I got as a present a few years ago and only worn once when I was in the hospital. And 1 nicely polished tan high-heel shoe... not a pair, just one shoe. Now if you stayed overnight somewhere and then left in the morning, wouldn't it dawn on you that you were limping a little?

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

How many pairs of shoes are in your closet? Are they just thrown in there on the floor? or are they arranged neatly? Perhaps in a shoe bag?

Today's Birthday

Today's birthday guy is Charlie Chaplin [The Little Tramp], comedian/actor/director, Lambeth London England in 1889.

The 100 Things Countdown Continues

Continuing with my list:

26. I go barefoot every chance I get and do not wear shoes in my house.

25. My shoe size is 10.5

24. And yes, I did have 1 pair of Blue Suede Shoes.. a long, long time ago.

If you really want to see my uptodate 100 Things.

Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker