The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



27 April 2005

Up! Up! and Away!


T

he world's biggest airliner, the Airbus double-decker A380, soared effortlessly into the sky on Wednesday on one of the most eagerly awaited maiden flights since the supersonic Concorde took off in 1969. I am totally confused... maybe someone out there can explain this to me. I thought that they retired the Concorde because it was too big and not enough passengers. So why are they now flying an even bigger plane?

It cost $15.68 Billion... yes, Billion to build and get into the sky. The A380 is 49 feet wider, 13 feet taller, 6.5 feet longer and 118 tons heavier than the 747 jumbo, which helped change the airline business. The length of eight London buses, it has enough room on its wings to park 70 cars. Airbus has a combined 154 orders and commitments from 15 customers and cost $285 million to buy one of these babies.

It can hold 800 passengers. Airbus says it needs to sell 250 of the A380 planes to break even although some analysts put the figure as high as 700. Chicago-based Boeing has promised to have something built to out do the French Airbus in 2008.

I honestly don't think something this big should be put into the skies. It's an accident just waiting to happen crash.

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

How old were you the first time you flew in a jet? Have you ever flown? Scared?

Today's Birthday

Today's birthday boy is Jack Klugman, born in Philadelphia PA, in 1922. Actor and best known for Oscar in the Odd Couple, and Quincy.

The 100 Things Countdown Continues

Continuing with my list:

17. My first ride in an airplane was in 1966 when I flew home from Boot Camp in Chicago.

16. I've never been air sick.

15. I've only flown once since 9/11.

If you really want to see my uptodate 100 Things.

Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker