The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



30 April 2005

WWJW?


W

hat Would Jesus Weigh? Ok, now before I get started on this entry, I do not want to be hearing from the people that think I will be going to hell. Tell me something I don't already know. Having said that....


A study by Perdue University and reported by ABC News, has found that religious people are more overweight than non-religious people. Does this mean if you are religious then you are over-weight and going to die of a heart attack?


According to the study here are the fattest people by religions from #1 the fattest to #10 the thinnest:

1. Southern Baptist
2. Church of Christ, African Methodist Episcopal/Assembly of God.
3. North American Baptist
4. Protestant-non-denominational
5. Roman Catholics, Jehovah's Witness
6. Mormon, Unitarian, Christian Scientist
7. none (I think it means "no religion")
8. Protestant, Reformation era
9. Jewish
10.Islam, Hindu and Buddhist.

Finally... that age old question: who's fatter Catholics or Jews has been finally answered. I suspect it has something to do with Knaidlech. Plus, now you can stop wondering what religion your neighbors are... just look at them, determine their weight and there you have your answer... Hmmm Sally May is one of those Southern Baptist, she weights about 250... but Miriam down the street who flaunts her 120 lbs. has to be Jewish... See? Cool, huh?

I guess to answer my original question as to how much would Jesus weigh... I believe he was Jewish. In all the paintings I've seen he always looks to be on the thin side... so that would be accurate. They also called him Rabbi and I believe in order to be called Rabbi in the Jewish faith you have to be married? But that's another posting altogether.

But seriously folks... where else but here could you get such cutting edge information?

There's even a website: www.ourladyofweightloss.com

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

So... where do you fit in? Are you religiously plump? And yes, I already know I am scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to write about. lol

Today's Birthday

Today's birthday boy is Willie Nelson, born in Abbott Texas in 1933. Country singer.

Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker