The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



07 May 2005

Don't Cry For Me Argentina, or Broadway... OK, Maybe a Little...


L

ast night while searching for the music to play on today's Blog, it occured to me that I had never seen a real, honest to God, Broadway play. You would think, that with living in Philly, and being a hop, skip and jump from New York I would have gone... at least once. Nope, never.

Growing up in Philly there were tons of legit stage theaters. Center City Philly had plenty of places where a stage show would come to iron out any last minute wrinkles before heading to the bigtime on Broadway. And sometimes it was the final curtain call... the play was too bad to even go to off-Broadway. But I believe now they are all gone... their final curtain call closed them all down. I was a little too young to go to one of those theaters.

Houston has quite a few theaters but they are mostly for actors and actresses learning their craft, just starting out. And I have been to a few of those. There is one theater downtown where the big ones play... but that's rare. And I think the people who are in the plays have real courage... to be live on-stage, night after night. No re-shoots, re-takes... you make a mistake, you live with it and move on.

Well, that's it for today... hopfully, I'll see y'all tomorrow!

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

Have you ever gone to a Broadway play? What did you see? Or perhaps a play in your town at a local theater? Have you ever been IN a play? Did you ever see the movie "Evita" with Madonna? What did you think?

The song playing is Sarah Brightman's rendition... I have to say, no matter what song she sings... she takes my breath away...

Today's Birthday

Today's birthday gal is none other than Eva (Evita) Duarte Peron. First Lady of Argentina. Born in 1919, Los Toldos, Argentina

Comments:
Hi, I was recently surfing, checking out the latest information on cheap airline tickets and I came accross your site. While cheap airline tickets was not what I was searching for, I found your site to be an interesting one.

Hi, maybe you can drop by my site one of those days cheap airline tickets
 
Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker