The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



03 May 2005

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas


H

ey... it's my Blog and if I want to write about Christmas in May... then I can... and you can't stop me! When I was looking up today's birthday I saw that it was ol' Bing Crosby's birthday today. Happy Birthday Bing. One thing led to another and now here I am writing about a holiday in December. It should be a mild 80 or 85 here in Houston today.

When I lived back in Philly we use to have a HUGE Christmas party on Christmas Eve. Anybody and everyone was always invited. If you were invited once, then you were pretty much on the list from there on out. To this day my daughter who lives in my house still has a Christmas Eve party every year.

So much food... I don't even know where half of it came from, but there were tons of it. Were there drinks? I had more drinks to serve than the neighborhood bar...

Then the kids started coming. In the beginning it was pretty easy... a few stuffed animals and all was set. As they got older things got a little more sophisticated... we had to put things together. Ugh. If you have kids, then you already know what I mean. It got to the point where we had to have the guests at the party putting toys together. Why do this you ask? Bcause the party use to last until 4AM. We would no sooner clean up a little, get to bed... and 15 minutes later the kids were running into the bedroom yelling "Merry Christmas." Ugh Ugh... It's a good thing I was still drunk because I wouldn't have been able to handle it if it were a hangover. By the time the gift opening was done, breakfast made, baths, getting dressed... I was pretty sober. The day began... visiting, visiting and visiting. Visiting... gifts... ooohs and aahhs... and drinks... more drinks. Ugh! Ugh! and Ugh! I lived for December 26th. My head stopped spinning just long enough to realize that New Year's was in a few days.

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

What were your Christmas's like in your house? Did you visit or have people coming to visit? Any traditions that are carried on today?

Today's Birthday

Today's birthday boy is Harry Lillis Crosby, better known to the world as Bing Crosby. Born 1903, in Tacoma WA, Crooner and Actor best known for White Christmas, and Going My Way.

Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker