The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



27 May 2005

Stick 'Em Up Pardner...


D

o we have way too many notorius people as heroes? I noticed today's birthday is that of Wild Bill Hickock. Now Wild Bill wasn't a gunslinger or anything. He was the US Marshall of Deadwood in the Dakota Territory. Geez, talk about having your hands full with your job...


But the thought occured to me that we sensationalize gangsters, thieves, and anyone else that captures our mind... especially on the wrong side of the law. Billy the Kid, Al Capone... the list goes on and on. We write books about them, make movies... put them in the category of quasi-hero. We have computer games that memorialize them.

Granted growing up they captured my imagination as well. I couldn't get enough of the Untouchables with Robert Stack. All the bad guys pretty much got it in the end, but I have to admit being young sometimes I hoped they got away. I mean, come on guys admit it, didn't we all fantasize about spending one night with Ma Barker? Laugh.

Burning Questions and Comments

Who out of history have you found totally captivating... either good guy or gangster? And I've also wondered for you guys over in Europe... did your TV shows portray gangsters from your country? or is it just in the USA?

Today's Birthday

On this date in 1837 "Wild Bill" Hickok [James Butler] famous cowboy and scout.

Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker