The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



09 May 2005

Winkin', Blinkin', Nod... and Yours Truly


T

rying to dovetail a musical selection to go with whatever I write can be challenging sometimes. Today's birthday is none other than Dante Allegheri. So what music would go with this theme? I immediately thought of Enigma once again. I have some advice... do not listen to Enigma at 3AM, with lights dimmed... the music slowly engulfs you and takes over your brain. "mMMmMmmMmm, yes (insert name), move a little closer, snuggle your head in my arm... let me feel your warm breath as it flows across my body..." Huh? Where am I?

I couldn't get anything written... well nothing that I could put in print on here anyway. So I did the next best thing... I went back to bed. laugh. I was just about to sail off with Winkin', Blinkin' and Nod in a wooden shoe, and sail on a river of crystal light into a sea of dew... when I felt something nibbling at my underarm hair (romantic, huh?). We, that being Winkin', Blinkin', Nod and I, berthed the shoe and the three kicked me out and told me to walk.

As I sat on the beach watching the three go back out to sea, I swore I could hear the moon "Where are you going and what do you wish?", the old moon asked the three. "We've come to fish for the herring fish that live in this beautiful sea; Nets of silver and gold have we" said Winkin', Blinkin' and Nod.

I thought that since I certainly wouldn't be fishing for herring, I'd get out of bed, with Frankencat, aka Easter, aka The Creature From in Back of the Sofa, attached to my underarm and try and write a blog entry.

Dante Alighieri as I said was the guy who gave us such great works of the written word as The Divine Comedy. Have you ever tried to read this? Back in high school, I thought I would impress everyone by reading it... I constantly fell asleep. I ended up just carrying it around, making sure people could see it, and thereby "think" I was an intellectual. Just now I started reading it on the 'net. I swear Winkin, Blinkin and Nod were coming back for me.

I've come to a major decision. I will never: listen to Enigma at 3AM and try to write a sensible blog entry, I'll never try to work Winkin', Blinkin' and Nod into any future blog article and will never, ever read the Divine Comedy.

Burning Questions and Random Thoughts

Have you ever tried to read The Divine Comedy? Did you finish it? Did you understand it? What was the last book you completely finished? And would you recommend it?

Today's Birthday

Today's birthday boy is Dante Alighieri, Italian poet, born in 1265. Author of the Divine Comedy.

The stained glass artwork above was done by Wendy Larson

Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker