The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



20 May 2005

Yea! It's Friday!!


this is an audio post - click to play


O

nce again it's here... the beginning of the weekend... and I've waited all week for it. This weekend is the San Pedro Social Club's 3rd annual party and fund-raiser for the kids of San Pedro, on Ambergris Caye in Belize. So what is the San Pedro Social Club? Well 3 years ago a few of us got together informally to raise money to build a school lunchroom for the little school on Ambergris Caye. Two years ago we got a little more serious about raising money... and raised $8,000 out of the $50,000 we needed. This past year we elected a Board of Directors and we're up to about $20,000.00. I think now we have 80 members from all over the country, and a few members from all over the world!! The event starts today in Lake Conroe, Texas about 40 miles from me and will last until Sunday. Among the drinking activities we have a great show lined up for tonight, then tomorrow is our Sunset Cruise that goes out onto the lake for some serious partying and swimming. Tomorrow night is the main event at Papa's on the Lake. Music, more drinking, and prize's. Continental Airlines has donated air flights, hotels in Belize have donated 5 and 7 night stays. The prize list just goes on and on. At $50.00 per chance... you can't beat it. And all the money raised goes towards the lunchroom.

I originally made my reservations at the motel up there for today and tomorrow... but this morning I realized I have entirely too much to do today... so I called and cancelled my room for today and will head up there first thing in the morning.
So if I am scarce this weekend you'll know the reason. I wish I could think of something neat to say on my new toy, but I can't. I don't like my voice..


Today's Birthday

Jimmy [James Maitland] Stewart born 1908, in Indiana PA, actor (Mr Smith Goes to Washington, It's a Wonderful Life)

Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker