The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



19 June 2005

Happy Father's Day!


A

nd after yesterday I am soooooooo glad I am here to celebrate this day. It was an exceptionally beautiful day in Houston. I thought I would take advantage of the sunshine and go for a drive in the country and headed to Navasota, Texas.

There I was driving along Highway 105, happy as a bird, singing along loudly with Deni Bonet whose CD was in the player. I think song #1 was playing: I Scream Your Name from her rocking "Bigger Is Always Better" CD. I definitely was screaming someone's name...

It was almost the last song I ever heard.

I was leisurely driving along within the speed limit which is 75 out there in the country. Out of the corner of my eye over on the left I see this dog... it was either a French Poodle or a Daschound. But what dog breed is no consequence to this story, it's what it almost used to be that is important to this story. The little doggie, also out enjoying the day decided to run across the highway, and play "chicken" just about the time I was coming around the bend in the road.

I saw the dog and thought to myself, "Please don't run across the highway" My telepathy was working but the dog must have heard me say: "Please doggie, run across the highway and in front of my car."

The dog darts out. Only seconds to react... I swerved to the left to avoid making hot dogs. As I missed the dog and was still in the oncoming lane... there was this HUGE tractor-trailer barreling down the highway directly towards me.

My life flashed before me, stopping only briefly to a memory of a girl named Minoche who I met in Italy. She was half French and Chinese. Anyway... this truck was only seconds and I do mean seconds (like 2 seconds) away from squashing me to pieces and sending me to my eternal reward... I swerved back into my lane with only a "breath" between me and the ultimate car trip. I looked in my rear mirror and saw the dog just happily sitting in the middle of my lane without a care in the world. He would live another day to give another driver a near heart attack.

As I rethink the whole episode, I wonder... was it the dog? was it me singing? was it Deni Bonet's song? what was it that caused the near miss? "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn" I'm just tickled to dea... err happy I am here on this Father's Day to write this and later go to the Zoo with my daughters.

Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there!!

Observations and Questions
If your a dad, any plans for the day? Even if you're not a dad?

Today's Birthday or Death Day

In 1953 the famed Rosenbergs executed at Sing Sing. While Julius took only 1 jolt, Ethel took 3 tries due to her petite size, the electrodes didn't fit properly...

Gentle Reminder of the Day

Plus have you sent me your picture to hang over on the wall on the right side yet? Also, we still have time gang, email me and I'll give you my home address... zip off a postcard and give me your address and I'll zip one off to you. It's been really interesting so far!

Comments:
I was searching for hot dog info and found this post. I agree totally!

Paul
 
Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker