The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



03 June 2005

I Forsee In Your Future


A

re you a believer? Sometimes I am and sometimes not, and other times I'm not sure. Today I ran over to Celti's Blog and on her blog she had a beautiful Tarot Card depicting The World. Just for the hell of it I pulled out my own personal, fraying and yellowed deck of the Tarot. I shuffeled, and reshuffeled.

Then spread them out across my desk. I studied them and then decided which card I wanted. Now this isn't the proper way to do the Tarot but for today's purpose it was the quickest. I slowly went towards the card I had chosen, all while the Deguello from yesterday's blog was playing in the background. It added to the experience. "Please, PLEASE God... no Death card this time." Laugh.

I slid the card from the deck and turned it over. Eight of Cups. At one time many, many years ago I had them and their meanings all memorized, but that was a long time ago and in a different world. I turned to my trusty Pictorial Key to the Tarot, the 1910 edition. I flipped through the pages, past the Death card (he he he), until I arrived at my card. I read through it first to decide if I even wanted to write about this subject today. I could always go swimming in the bottom of the barrel for something more appropriate.

Here we go:
"A man of dejected aspect is deserting the cups of his felicity, enterprise, understanding or previous concern. The card speaks for itself on the surface, but other readings are entirely antithetical-- giving joy, mildness, timidity, honor and modesty. In practice it is usually found that the card shows the decline of a matter, or that a matter which has been thought to be important is really of slight consequence -- either for good or evil." .....OR..... "marriage to a fair woman"

Okee dokee... are any of you babes out there a "fair woman" per chance?

I went through the words carefully: giving joy: I give joy everywhere I go. mildness: is this the same as layed back?, timidity: one of the most timid people you'll ever know, honor: I am a very honorable person and lastly modest: You will never find a more modest person than me... just ask the people at the nudist camp. lol

Geez, even I have to laugh at that one.

Observations and Questions

Okay, do you believe in the Tarot? Ever had your cards read? Been to a Fortune Teller? And??

Today's Birthday

In 1808, Jefferson Davis from Kentuckey, President of the Confederate States of America.

Gentle Reminder of the Day

We're off to a good start on the pictures on the right. How about you? Come on, you know ya wanna do it! Altogether now: "DO IT, DO IT"

Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker