The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



14 June 2005

" I Pledge The Allegiance...


T

o the flag of the United States of America for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all. God Bless America." I'm sorry, that was the old version. If you prefer the new, official version just delete all references to God. At the ballpark I always say the old version, with my right hand over my heart. You know, the way it should be. I look around sometimes and people are standing with their hands at their sides, picking their noses, whatever. What happened to being Patriotic? Today is Flag Day, June 14th.

At one time the United States was the mark of Justice and Freedom, and respected throughout the world. What happened?

When did we begin this downslide? We are the only world power now but at what price? I never thought I would live to see the day when the majority of the world would hate us, but I have seen it. Now we have Presidents who get blowjobs in the Oval Office, Presidents having sex with movie stars, Presidents being accused of prolonging wars in order to make more money for their stock-held companies, and Presidents who in the beginning I thought would be good, but now have pretty much lost all of my respect for being a general idiot.

Will we survive in this atmosphere... I'm not totally convinced anymore. Now we look at every country, past allies and supporters of possible harm to us. Who is to blame? Maybe it's ourselves... we've allowed this atmosphere to take over, and quite frankly I don't know if we have the power to stop any of it.s Will things get better? I sure hope so. So many questions... so many unanswered.

Observations and Questions

Is it just me being pessimistic? How do you feel? Even if you are not from the U.S., I am really interested in other countries, and how your country views our country.

A Patriotic Quiz



Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

36 have been accused of spousal abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad checks
117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 repeat 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 currently are defendants in lawsuits. and
84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?

It's the 535 members of the United States Congress.

The same group of idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

News Flash - Breaking News

This just in... Saddam Hussein has requested that his trial be moved to Santa Maria, California. Story at 11.

Today's Birthday

In 1946, Donald Trump aka The Trumpster aka The Donald. Also today, in 1864 Alois Alzheimer , in Germany, psychiatrist/pathologist (Alzheimer Disease).


Gentle Reminder of the Day

Come on gang... just a few more... let's go! Some of you promised you would this week! Get your photo to me! I'm waiting. And don't forget the postcard club... it's not over yet.

Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker