The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



08 June 2005

I Really, Really Hate This...


E

very so often I forget things. And I am the first to admit as a result of the stroke, I forget more and more. Yesterday I went food shopping and they had a nice, little Eye Roast sitting there waiting for me. "I haven't cooked eye roast in awhile", I thought to myself. Into the basket it went.

Once home, on went my chef's hat and I prepared it: rubbing fresh garlic all over it... then cutting holes in the meat and shoving fresh garlic into it. Can you tell I love garlic? Put a few potato's or potatoes (depending where you grew up or are Democrat versus Republican)>

Anyway, into the oven it went. The cooking aroma was driving me crazy... it was filling the apartment. Anyway, to make a long story short, it was done. I couldn't even wait for it to cool down just a little. I began slicing it and tasting as I went. One slice for dinner, one slice for me right now.

I got tired of eating at the table and looking across at air. I considered a blow up doll as a dinner companion, but just didn't think that would work. So now I eat in front of the television unless I have company, which is rare. Not my favorite way to eat dinner, but what the heck. Every bite seemed to make the movie of The Thing (the original) much better. Every bite was heaven... the meat felt apart and melted in my mouth. MmMMmMm take a piece, dip it in the gravy... life couldn't get any better than this.

After dinner I sat back and watched the rest of the movie, then got involved in the next movie, Flying Saucers From Outer Space, circa 1955... so you can imagine how cheesy it was. You could actually see the strings they were attached to on the screen! I could hardly keep my eyes open. I could feel myself drifting off into space... gorgeous, antennae bearing, naked female space aliens were attacking me, despite my shouts of "I give up! Do with me what you want! Experiement, yes, do experiements on me!" Female aliens all over the place, more importantly, they were all over me as well! Was this dream cool?

The next thing I knew, I woke up with a jump and it was about 4AM. Huh? Beautiful space creatures come back! I shut the TV off and went into the kitchen to begin my normal morning routine... make the coffee. I stopped dead in my tracks. Did you guess what I forgot to do last night? If you said "put the eye roast away" you win.

Talk about "pissed"... I can't even begin to tell you how mad I was. I wondered how long you can safely leave meat out in air conditioning and if it would still be good. My better judgement got to me and I did the unthinkable... into the trash it went. It even smelled great as it layed there looking up at me from its' resting spot on the empty milk carton.

Observations and Questions

Please tell me I am not alone in this leaving food out over night? I really need some ego boosting here... to know there are other equally as stupid people like me walking around.

Today's Birthday

In 1936 James Darren, born in Philly, actor (TJ Hooker, Diamond Head, Venus in Furs) and in 1940, Nancy Sinatra born in Jersey City,NJ... singer.

Gentle Reminder of the Day

WOW... got a few more pics for the Gallery yesterday! Have you sent me your pic yet?? What are you waiting for? :)

Yuck, Yuck of the Day


An old man, a boy and a donkey were going to town. The boy rode on the donkey and the old man walked. As they went along, they passed some people who remarked it was a shame the old man was walking and the boy was riding.

The man and boy thought maybe the critics were right, so they changed positions.

Later, they passed some people that remarked, "What a shame, he makes that little boy walk." They then decided they both would walk!

Soon they passed some more people who thought they were stupid to walk when they had a decent donkey to ride. So, they both rode the donkey.

Now they passed some people that shamed them by saying how awful to put such a load on a poor donkey. The boy and man said they were probably right, so they decided to carry the donkey. As they crossed the bridge, they lost their grip on the animal and he fell into the river and drowned.

The moral of the story? If you try to please everyone, you might as well kiss your ass good-bye.

Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker