The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



16 June 2005

Well, well, well...


A

fter two solid days of ranting you came back! My ego thanks you from the bottom of wherever an ego is located in my body.

Superman is Dead... Long Live Superman.


Today marks the day that the original Superman committed suicide. George Reeves who played the man of steel on TV, shot himself in the head. Isn't it ironic that two men, both who played Superman have both died of un-natural causes and both men were named Reeves.
I can remember when the news broke regarding the suicide of George Reeves hit the news. No! It can't be... tell me it ain't so... Superman killed himself? That may have been my introduction into the real world. Controversary surrounded his death as it does all Hollywood actors and actresses. The offical cause of death being suicide with a shot to the temple was never believed by much of the public. No, Superman was murdered. At the end of the show's run in 1957, it was well-known that Reeves was despondent because he felt type-cast because of his Superman role... People and movie-goers would only recognize him as Superman.

Observations and Questions
So, do you remember the original Superman? Suicide or Murder? You can ask me any buring questions you may have about me but were afraid to previously ask!! Heck, it can even be about sex (or lack of) Today Only!











Postcard of the Day

Today's beautiful postcard comes from Shauna way up there in Ottawa, Canada. Depicted on her card is Parliment and the Eternal Flame, or as the Canadians say: L'edifice du Parlement et la flamme du centenaire.

Today's Birthday

Born: In 1895, Stan Laurel comedian (Laurel & Hardy. As a kid always made me laugh. Deaths: In 1959, George Reeves TV actor who played Superman. I was in shock when this hit the newspapers and nightly news. Isn't it interesting both men, named Reeves played Superman and both died early in their life.



Gentle Reminder of the Day

Come on gang... just a few more... let's go! Some of you promised you would this week! Get your photo to me! I'm waiting.


We still have time gang, email me and I'll give you my home address... zip off a postcard and give me your address and I'll zip one off to you. It's been really interesting so far!
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker