The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



01 July 2005

It's A 4th Kinda Weekend...


F

lags, celebrations, endless parades, fife and drums, bugle corps and the list goes on and on. I started searching for the 4th of July to find out when it started being celebrated with all of the festivities that we have today. What I found, send me for a loop. I thought I knew everything, but the following simply proves your not too old to discover new things.

(on the right: As you can see, I was extremely patriotic... lol)

Anyway, what shocked me was something I never even thought, nor did I ever learn in school. Maybe it was because I went to school in Philly, which we all know is in Pennsylvania, one of the original 13 colonies, and maybe they just forget to teach about this item. When it came time and Thomas Jefferson presented the draft of the Declaration of Independence to the Second Continental Congress for the delegates signatures on that now famous document, in Independence Hall in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My home state actually voted NO along with South Carolina. Nine colonies voted Yes, Delaware was undecided and New York abstained. My home state voted "no"???? I never knew this. At least the picture on the right was taken in patriotic New Jersey. However, as we all know, the 13 colonies all did finally sign the document.

Observations and Questions
Any plans for the holiday? Picnic? Family Gathering? I doubt our friends in Great Britain celebrate the 4th... but then again maybe they celebrate getting rid of us. LOL




Postcard of the Day

Today's Postcard is from the Peanut Queen herself. Doesn't she look absolutely yummy!! Yes indeedy... The only thing wrong with it was that the card had all those little red and yellow blotches on it. :) I was using this postcard thing as a ploy to see where I wanted to move this time. The mountain scene and grassy lawns all had a chance until I saw what they grow in Florida. Now I don't know, my mind is all confused. Just that darned red and yellow blotchy disease....

Today's Birthday

In 1899, Charles Laughton England, actor (Mutiny on the Bounty)and also today in 1908, Estee Lauder CEO (Estee Lauder's cosmetics) and maker of my all time perfume "Estee"

Gentle Reminder of the Day

Come on gang... get your picture to me if you want it displayed for the world to see.


We still have time gang, email me and I'll give you my home address... zip off a postcard and give me your address and I'll zip one off to you. It's been really interesting so far!
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker