The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



02 July 2005

Live 8...


W

ill you watch? Live 8, an expanded version of the Live Aid sensation 20 years ago, will take in 10 cities and four continents, starting in Tokyo in the east and ending in North America in the west. In London, boasting arguably the strongest line-up of the 10 concerts planned, Paul McCartney and U2 frontman Bono are due to open proceedings before more than 200,000 fans with a rendition of "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Unlike 1985, when an estimated 1.5 billion television viewers tuned in to watch Live Aid and donated over $100 million for Ethiopia's famine victims, organizers have the Internet and mobile phones to help them reach an even bigger audience.




One of the cities and my hometown, Philadelphia, the city that invented the Fourth of July, embarks on a musical and political extravaganza designed to persuade the world's richest democracies to help the most impoverished continent.

The concert tomorrow on the Art Museum steps figures to be the highlight of a full weekend of events that will culminate in the same place Monday night, when another huge throng is expected for Elton John and fireworks. Geez, how many times I have walked up those steps. The same steps that Rocky ran up prior to his championship fight. It's an awesome view when you reach the top step.

I asked different relatives and friends there in Philly if they were going downtown to watch it live. They all had the same answer... "Are you nuts? I'm watching it on TV" Laugh.

Observations and Questions
Will you be one of the 2 billion people across the world to watch Live 8? Do you remember Live Aid back 20 years ago? That was awesome and once again held in Philly.
Postcard of the Day

Geez, even Caesars has gotten into our Postcard Club. lol See postcard above that I received. Now do I have to send a postcard back to Caesars? We still have time gang, email me and I'll give you my home address... zip off a postcard and give me your address and I'll zip one off to you. It's been really interesting so far!

Today's Birthday

Now this really surprised me. In 1956, Jerry Hall born in Mesquite Tx, model/Mrs Mick Jagger.

Gentle Reminder of the Day

Come on gang... get your picture to me if you want it displayed for the world to see.

Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker