The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



16 July 2005

Play It Again, Sam...


A

nd again, and again, and again. We all have favorite songs or at least melodies that once in our heads take up permanent residence and refuses to check-out. For me, the song you hear right now, Intuition by Jewel is one of those songs that has camped out in my head.... and it isn't stopping. It's not the words but the melody that I like.

A few years ago when she came out with it, the melody stuck in my head on permanent re-play. Finally it stopped.

However, the other day I was in my car and it came on the radio... then yesterday I got in the car, the radio came on and guess what was playing? Yep... Intuition and now it won't leave my head. There are just so many other things I would rather have stuck in my head... unfortunately I can't describe any of them on my blog. LOL

This affliction has been with me a long, long time. When I was smaller and thought I was a fire engine, if I heard a song I like then I became the singer and began singing or humming it outloud until my parents threatened to put me in Byberry Mental Institution. That was a scary place for sure, or send me to Daniel Boone Problem School. My father told me when we would pass Daniel Boone if you kept quiet and listened you could hear the kids crying from the beatings they got. Me like a dope would shut up and listen for the wailing. It was so ingrained in me that I actually thought I heard screaming and pleadings coming from the building. I always thought why would they name such a horrible place after a hero like Daniel Boone... what would be next? ... the Mickey Mouse School for wayward girls?

Then when I had kids and we would drive past the school... I was so ashamed, yes, you know what I did...

Observations and Questions
Have you ever had a song or melody stuck in your head and it would just play over and over again? What is your favorite song of all time?

Today's Birthday

Born in 1932 Richard L Thornburgh, former Governor of Penna., US Attorney General under Ronald Reagan and my old boss.

Gentle Reminder of the Day

So excited... I got to hang another photo over in the Gallery! Welcome TV anchor Michael Manning! Come on gang... get your picture to me if you want it displayed for the world to see.

Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker