The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



06 August 2005

A Slow News Day...


O

bviously. Well, the nightly national news did it again. It must have been a very slow day in network news, as they stole my story again! Remember last year when I wrote about flying saucers and aliens? And that same night the nightly news ran a story very similar to mine. Then not long ago I wrote an article about the stupid Houston law that gave you 8 minutes to change your flat tire on a freeway... if you didn't do it in 8 minutes, a tow truck could legally pull up and tow your car. After I bitched about it here, the city of Houston rescinded the law.

Yesterday I wrote an article and mentioned Marilyn Monroe. There I was minding my own business, having dinner, and watching the nightly news... BANG, they had a story on Marilyn Monroe. Remember at the end of my story I alluded to the fact that it wasn't suicide? Well, guess what? The nightly news just so happened to conclude the possibility of murder now. Co-incidence? Nah, I don't think so. The news department knows a good story when they see it.

I am now putting the nightly national news on notice... from now on you can steal my blog article for your meager broadcast but I want credit! That's right, before you air the story I want you to say: "This story brought to you by Denny Shane and the Not So Normal News.

Observations and Questions
It's Saturday, and that means it's free comment day. Comment about anything you want!

Birth Announcements and Death Notices

In 1911, Lucille Ball, born in Jamestown NY, comedienne/actress (I Love Lucy) We were never allowed to watch I Love Lucy growing up, for some reason my father thought she was a communist. Laugh. In the Death Notices today we find in 1964, Sir Cedric Hardwicke, actor, played Capt Hook in Peter Pan, dies at 71.

Gentle Reminder of the Day

Still time :) Come on, you know you wanna send in your picture.

Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker