The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



21 September 2005

Kelly! Voodoo Fest! and Rita!...


W

hat's a guy to do? What's a guy blogger to blog about? Two girls and voodoo... kinda all seems like it belong together, don't it?

First: Kelly. I managed to break away from my busy schedule last night to watch Kelly Monaco dance her butt of in the special addition of Dancing with the Stars. As y'all know, I have a kinda/sorta attraction for Kelly Monaco. After the competition was over, people called in to vote. The thing that made me laugh was that you could only vote 5 times! 5 times? Where are we in Philadelphia where on election day where the dead always vote 5 times minimum? I voted 5 times Kelly, please marry me? Today's musical selection is also to commerorate her first dance last night. Kelly, the answer to the question is YES! laugh

Second: Voodoo. Once again Texas has stepped up to the plate. We've invited and they accepted to hold the annual Voodoo event right in Austin this year since they cannot hold it in NOLA this year. For those not in the know, the Voodoo Fest is not a bunch of naked women dancing around a fire with little dolls and pins stuck in them. Nope it's a music festival hosting some of the biggest names around.

Third: Rita: No, not THAT Rita, but Hurricane Rita now bearing down on poor Galveston and then coming straight up to Houston! I called my 2 daughters and they are taking off with my ex-wife to Dallas. My ex has an aunt that lives there. Hmmm, I never knew about this aunt. Her parents are going to Boston where her brother lives. Everyone is getting out of Dodge. Me? Dunno yet. Stay tuned for my "travels on the road to safety" in the coming days.

I just know Kelly Monaco will hear about the hurricane and call me to come stay with her.

Observations and Questions
If you had to evacuate due to impending danger, where would you go? For the life of me I couldn't figure out what Watticism Day was... I looked and looked... finally I found it: In 1983, Secretary of the Interior, James Watt slandered minorities in a speech before the U.S. Chamber of Commerce when he said that his committee had "a black, a woman, 2 Jews, and a cripple." I didn't think ANY politician was THAT stupid. Laugh


Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1947, Stephen King, author. And in the death notices we have in 1961, Earle Dickson inventor of the Band-Aid, dies at 68. Thank you Earle!!

Art Gallery Notice!
Come on! Come on! Wait are you waiting for? You know you wanna do it!
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker