The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



10 September 2005

Welcome to..


S

aturday... I think Saturday will be devoted from now on to cleanups and quickies. Cleanups being last minute comments on the previous weeks' postings and Quickies for real quick notes on whatever. I decided to do this mainly because I have nothing else to say on Saturday mornings... and I have to say something or you guys might start reading that other newspaper.

Ok, so let's see what we have here...

Cleanup: Katrina: FEMA gets a new boss... I'm not sure if Brown was doing a good job or incompetent. I'm sure the position is over-whelming. The new guy sure doesn't seem like he's gonna take any crap from anyone.

Quickie: The Butler Didn't Do It... Ok gang, I need y'all to do something before you leave this page. See the book on the left over there? Click on it, go to our literary site and sign up... it's free, doesn't cost a nickle. I am getting paranoid that no one is taking advantage of the services.

Cleanup: I got side-tracked last week because of the holiday so therefore this Monday will be Travelogue day again and I'll finish my story on my extremely short-lived visit to the tombs of the Pope's in the vaults below the main floor in the Vatican.

Quickie: Remember Richard Hatch from the first season of Survivor? Seems he could possibly be headed for ummm the shower room of a nearby prison. Seems old Dick (no pun intended) (who am I kidding, yes it was) was indicted Thursday on 10 charges, including his failure to pay taxes on the $1 million prize he received for his victory on the first season of the reality series.
Other charges faced by the Rhode Island native include filing a false tax return, wire fraud, bank fraud and mail fraud. If Hatch is found guilty on all 10 charges, he could face 75 years behind bars and millions of dollars in fines. Yes, I can just see all the guys on the happy farm lined up to meet Richard.

Cleanup: Did I miss anything that you can think of? If I did, use the comments to mention it and I will try and clean it up.

Quickie: Do you enjoy keeping up with the latest fashions? If so visit Raquel's blog to see what's next.

Observations and Questions
So... Any plans for the weekend? You know, you can talk about anything you want... you don't always have to see what I am asking... lol

Birth Announcements and Death Notices

Born today in 1945, Jose Feliciano, Lares PR, singer/songwriter (Light my Fire) and reaching down deep into the dusty death notices we find in 1961, Leo Carrillo, actor who portrayed Pancho on Cisco Kid, dies at 81.

Gentle Reminder of the Day

Many thanks to Deni Bonet for sending in her picture! And Deni, good luck and have fun on your 3 week vacation to Egypt! C'mon now, get yours in before I run out of room!

Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker