The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



25 October 2005

Yeah, Yeah But Do I Get...


A

yard with my new house? As many of you know I am originally from Philly. Being from Philly I always loved Jersey... ummm that's New Jersey to all of you non-residents. This blog entry today is about when things go wrong, terribly wrong with planning.

The Pine Barrens can be a great place, especially for solitude, not to mention the ferocious Jersey Devil. But a not-so-great place when it comes to township and building planning.

TO WIT:
A small town that will remain nameless and the Municipal Utilities Commission have reached an agreement regarding a tract of land where 244 new, luxurious homes were to be built. The land 722 acres has been in dispute and in and out of court for quite awhile now. To make a long blah, blah, blah story really short. An agreement has been reached, with the Pinelands Commission where all of this is taking place. Instead of the 244 new homes, this is what will be:

The 192-acre Aerohaven Park, a former private airport will be preserved, after they turn the airport into baseball fields. And therefore also giving the sewage authority an easement to build three groundwater recharge basins on about 12 acres at Aerohaven which will be the "final disposal" for its sewage treatment plant, which can treat 700,000 gallons a day. The township owns the Aerohaven site.

Now the Municipal Utilities Authority plans to abandon the spray irrigation and sell the treated wastewater which will be processed right next to the golf course they plan on building for irrigation.

So now we've got a former airport which will be turned into 3 groundwater recharge basins for sewage treatment, a new golf course which will be treated with the "final product" for the golf course (cough cough gag cough). And an undetermined amount of baseball fields somewhere in the ummm mixture.

Oh, I forgot... remember the 244 new homes that were originally being built on the site? That's down to 21 homes now. And my head now really hurts.

Observations and Questions
Did you understand what I just wrote? Please let me know what it says... I can't make heads or tails out of it. Maybe I should question the home builder... I'm sure he understands it. ALSO... the music playing is from my very favorite Jersey band, John Cafferty and the Beaver Brown Band, who were the musicians for the movie Eddie and the Cruisers. When I think of Jersey and the Jersey shore, I always think of these guys.

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1881, Pablo Picasso, Spain, who we know as a worldclass artist. And also born this date and worth mentioning, 1967, Julia Roberts, Smyrna Georgia, actress (Mystic Pizza, Pretty Woman). I mention Julia because I once slept in her bed. Eat your hearts out guys! Now we'll see who pays attention! lol

The only problem was that she wasn't in it at the time! Maybe I'll write about it this week. And in those dusty death notices we have in 1400 Geoffrey Chaucer, author, dies in London.

Portrait Studio!
Where are all the people that said they wanted to send a picture of themselves for me to hang over in the gallery?
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker