The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



30 January 2006

IS IT TIME TO REGULATE RINGTONES?


T

rust me, when I say I am all for the Arts and Entertainment in the world, however I really have to drawn the line at ringtones. Do I really need Gwenn Stephani singing out Hollaback Girl on my phone when I get a call? You're getting a call, she sings what... 2 words and you're on the phone talking. You didn't even hear her sing.

one ringy dingy, two ringy dingys


Now if you're not just satisfied with Madonna beating out Like a Virgin, you can also get backgrounds... so you can sit and stare at your phone while it's not singing?

Not only all that but now you can get Windows on it. Word for Windows, Excel... can you imagine riding on a bus and trying to do the company budget for the next fiscal year? Maybe a PowerPoint presentation that will get you that promotion? Ooopps, bump, bump... crap gotta go back and delete because of those potholes. How can you enjoy playing PacMan when the buttons are so small you are forced to use a teeny stick to move him? On the upside to that point, if you lose your little pointer-stick, you could always reach for a paperclip.

I'm looking at my old geezer of a phone right now... it just sits there... no tricks, no entertainment... what does it do? Oh right, it rings like a normal phone should, not like a Disney World production. Come on boy... jump! fetch?... play dead? Finally, something it can do well.

Observations and Questions
Do you have a cell phone? What is your ringtone? Send me your cell number in an email and I promise to call you when you least expect it! lol

People That Have Emailed Me Their Cell/Regular Phone Numbers So Far


At 7:00AM - Zero
At 7:15AM - Still Zero
At 7:45AM - Ummm, Zero
At 8:15AM - Sigh


Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1951, Phil Collins, England, singer/drummer (Genesis-Against All Odds). And in the death notices we find on this date in 1838, Osceola, chief of Seminole Indians, went to the big campfire in the sky while in jail.

The Not So Normal Photo Gallery
And speaking of ring-a-ding-ding... I'l like to welcome some new paople to our Not So Normal Picture Gallery. Crabby of Crabcakes' Cowpie Field, then Clora from the House of Snark and last but not least we have Cootera (and Gus) from Cootersnap. Welcome to the Not So Normal Picture Gallery!

If I've forgotten anyone, please let me know.
Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker