The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



11 January 2006

Late Night Wars...


A

re you a late night TV watcher? Leno? Letterman? O'Brien? Lamp Unto My Feet? David Letterman is denying that he is thinking about retirement. Jay Leno has already made up his mind and announced that Conan O'Brien will take over in 2009.

Personally, I don't care for Leno... I don't know why, but I don't. O'Brien is not funny at all... he tries, but just doesn't have it. Letterman is..... well, Letterman. There is just no one that will ever come from behind the shadow of Johnny Carson.

And could someone please explain to me what "Lamp unto" means? For the life of me I can't figure out what you do when you "lamp unto" someone's feet. Do you jump on them? Shine a flashlight on them? Come on folks, I need help.

Has it dawned on you that I don't have a thing to write about today as of yet? I am fishing around, grabbing at straws. Usually when I write my article I am dressed pretty spiffy and ready for work... hair combed, shaved, black, pin-stripped suit, tie, lightly starched, button-down shirt. My shoes are black, wing tips and have a high shine, black, knee length socks. I mean business!!

I knew it was a bad day when I sat down and started this article... bed-hair, two day old beard... snif, snif? hmmm something smells here... Suit? hahahah hahahahha.

Observations and Questions
I can just see a dimly lit bar somewhere in Ireland... Casey: Ok Seamus what do you want to do now? Seamus: Let's go lamp unto the widow Burns' feet. Casey: I'd like to lamp unto her feet ok...

Now seriously... what is "Lamp Unto"?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this day in 1960, Vicki Peterson, Los Angeles, CA, rocker (Bangles-Walk Like an Egyptian). And in the neverending death notices we have in 1843, Francis Scott Key, composer, (Star Spangled Banner), dies at 63.
Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker