The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



05 February 2006

IT'S ALL OVER FOLKS TIL NEXT YEAR


T

hen it starts all over again. Of course I'm talking about the Superbowl. I have to admit, I didn't watch it... for some reason if Philadelphia or Houston are not involved, it doesn't interest me. Same with the World Series. I guess I'm that Fair Weather friend you hear alot about.

but how were the commercials? I have an urge for Pizza Hut thingies...


So what did I do? This is exciting... I flipped between reruns of the Simpsons and Forensic Files... yes, I kept going back and forth between laughing and watching dead bodies on a slab in the morgue. There's got to be a connection there somewhere.

Speaking of funny and dying, I did turn back to the game at halftime to watch the Rolling Stones. I hate to say this, but guys... your age is really showing... go out gracefully before you take the stage in wheelchairs.

Earlier in the day I did take my two daughters to the Houston Zoo yesterday and that is always an adventure. The next time we go we definitely need to find a different walking route inside the zoo. I am always, always downwind of either the elephants or the rhino's. It's not pleasant at all... trust me.

However, before the zoo, we went to Mass. Now, I'm a last pew/row kinda guy at Mass. But yesterday the girls wanted front row seats. We sat in the 3rd row... on one side I had my one daughter who I think is trying out for sainthood... hands in prayer, knows all the words and responses. On the otherside of me was... let's just say she was her own vaudeville act. Making noises, "is it time to leave yet?", reading the missle upsidedown and telling me she can't find the right page. Then she did something and I started laughing. It was at this point I swear I heard the old lady behind me saying, "you are so going to burn in hell."

Finally, I looked up at the crucifix above the altar and thought, "You think this is funny, dontcha?"

Observations and Questions
What did you do yesterday? In case you've noticed that I'm not my usual bubbly self (laugh) that's because it is only 1:00AM and I've been awake since 12:30AM and can't sleep.

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date 1940, Tom Brokaw, Yankton, SD, news anchor (NBC Nightly News). And in our death notices we find in 1991, Danny Thomas, comedian/actor, dies of a heart attack at 76.

The Not So Normal Photo Gallery
New inductees into The Almost Normal Members of the Not So Normal Club Portrait Gallery are Jungle Jane from The Jungle. Then we have Carolyn from The Ginger Quill. Welcome all to our nuthouse!
Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker