The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



01 February 2006

WHEN $0 MINUS $0 EQUALS $0... FEELS SO GOOD


Y

es folks, it's getting to be that special time of year... All those smiling faces at the IRS office. It's tax time... well preparation time anyway. Years ago I had my accountant prepare my tax forms. I would go in and he always said, "How much ya want back this year?" I loved doing my taxes back then.

but 0 from 0 equals 0... how can I owe $2,452.00?


Last night I actually started my tax return. I use TurboTax which is a software designed to do it for me. I enter all of my financial information and it spits out the answer. Believe me, you should try it. I just love seeing all of those 0's.

I made up my mind as I sat down to persevere. I sweated and hoped I was doing it right. I periodically stopped to double check my information... was it correct? did I need to correct anything? was I answering all of the questions truthfully?

Finally! I got through the Name and Address part. I needed a rest. I'll get back to Part 2 today, where they want my Social Security number and other info.

Observations and Questions
Have you started yet? Owe? Refund? Are you honest? Hmmmm...can I blog from prison?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1901, Clark Gable, Cadiz OH, actor (Gone With the Wind). And in the death notices we find in 1650, Rene Descartes, philosopher "I think therefore I am", stops thinking this date.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker