The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



03 February 2006

YOU CAN THANK BLOGGER


W

hy, you ask? Because I had a really great posting this morning! Yes, I was giving away $1,000.00 for the 10th comment. Giving away a dinner for 2 for the funniest comment and a trip to London for the 200th person to log onto my blog today!.

prizes galore!...today only!


However, all of a sudden Blogger decided it didn't want to co-operate and went crazy. I couldn't post, couldn't even see my blog... didn't like the music I was playing and now I am pissed and now I'm not in the mood to give anything away.

So sorry.

Now that I am in a foul mood, Blogger is working just fine and no one is going to believe me that it really was acting up this morning.

Actually I did write about some serious stuff today. In 1959 on this date, Buddy Holly, JP Richardson and Ritchie Valens all died when the plane they were in crashed on an Iowa cornfield. Commonly referred to as "the day the music died", the U.S. as a whole was shocked when it happened. So sad...

The other thing I mentioned is that today commemorates the day the Four Chaplins died in World War II. They gave knowingly gave their lives so 4 others could live. Back in my political days I was greatly honored by being admitted into the Chapel of the Four Chaplins in Philly for community service and other things. A very nice induction service and kind words.

Anyway... I was just thinking that maybe my blog problems this morning was the dreaded Kama Sutra virus that was supposed to be unleashed today. Why would anyone attach a computer virus to such an important literary piece of work. Hmmmmm.

Observations and Questions
Anything on your mind today? It's open mic day in the comments section!

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1907, James A Michener, New York NY, writer (Tales of the South Pacific, Centennial, Chesapeake, Hawaii, Space). And in the death notices we find in 1959... Buddy Holly, J.P. Richardson and Ritchie Valens died when their plane crashed in an Iowa cornfield. The day the music died.
Comments:

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker