The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



16 March 2006

DR. AT VA HOSPITAL: "OK DENNY, IT'S OFFICIAL, YOU ARE


N

uts." Hey! I'm finally good at something and they have figured out what's really wrong with me after all these years. The doctor continued,flipping through the pages of my chart, Parts I through 8, "Lemme see here... in the past 5 years, you have had one heart attack, three strokes and you use a walker to walk, developed diabetes, have high cholesterol, off the chart blood pressure, memory loss and clinical depression and you want to do WHAT?"

In a low, I'm sorry I even brought it up kinda voice: "Ummmm, skydive."

She shook her head, "You are officially nuts." When your Psych makes that kinda statement never, ever ask: "Why?" I think she talked non-stop for about 45 minutes. She did stop briefly to laugh once.

Ok, here's the background. Yesterday morning or maybe the night before I was on a message board that I visit regularly which is dedicated to people that love and go to Ambergris Caye which is a small island off the coast of Belize in Central America and I love visiting as often as I can.

One of the members there is the head of a skydiving club. They frequent Ambergris Caye often... giving lessons, skydiving and taking novices up for their first jump. There was a discussion going on about a recent trip that was made and plans for next years big jump. I casually mentioned that I didn't think I could do it, ever. I get terribly dizzy at heights. The head of the club said that if I went he would do a tandem jump with me for FREE. Everyone joked about selling beer, t-shirts, etc. and having a party on the ground while I jumped. Getting caught up in the whole atmosphere, I kinda/sorta agreed.

Now being the conscientious and diligent person I am I thought it best to non-chalantly run the idea by my doctor yesterday afternoon.

And you already know how that conversation went.

Observations and Questions
Have you ever been skydiving? or, would you ever go? What's your professional opinion... should I or shouldn't I? Not that I have ever paid attention to her in the past obviously, the doc said, "no."

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this day in 1942 Jerry Jeff Walker, a Belize buddy and composer (Mr BoJangles). And in our death notices we find in 1991, 7 members of Reba McIntire's band killed in a plane crash.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker