The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



13 March 2006

MY BRAIN IS LIKE A STEEL TRAP


T

hroughout the year and a half that I have been doing this blog, you have come to know me in many ways. One of which is that my brain is like a vise. Nothing gets past me.... super cognizant, A brain among brains, so to speak. Ahem, anyway... You will notice over on the right, four pictures. Now please don't jump ahead of me... stay with me here...

Many, many years ago, I bought a sugar packet holder as seen in Exhibit #1. I thought it would look nice on the table for those rare occasions when I had company over for coffee. I soon realized that my sugar packets didn't quite fit into the holder as is evidenced in Exhibit #2. Very sloppy I thought. You think they would make a sugar holder that would fit the packets.

Finally, I had to settle for an arrangement shown in Exhibit #3. I didn't quite like the way they were displayed but figured it would have to do until I found one that accommodated packs standing up.

Yesterday morning while making coffee, I discovered a new way of displaying the packets... see Exhibit #4. I was dumb-founded. Like a bolt out of the sky, it hit me square in the face. All these years, many, many years... ok, 10 years, I have been putting the packets into the holder the wrong way!

I stood there flabbergasted. I couldn't speak. Ok, fine, I did say, "Denny, you stupid son-of-a-bitch... they go sideways!"

Observations and Questions
Please, please don't make fun of me. This has been totally embaressing to admit, but I am a better man this morning for divulging this. Just wait until the VA psychiatrist hears this story on my next visit this week. Hmmmm... wonder if I can bring sharp, pokey things and ragged, rusty butcher knives to the observation cell? Have you ever discovered something that made you feel like a complete idiot?


Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this day in 1908, Walter Annenberg Milwaukee WI, publisher (Triangle-TV Guide). And in the death notices in 1955, Maharajadhiraja Tribhuvana Bir Bikram Yung Bahadur Shum Shere dies. This guy obviously needed two tombstones to accommodate his name.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker