The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



26 April 2006

AM I HERE? HELLO? ANYONE OUT THERE?


Y

ou're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop... the Denny Shane Zone!

Have I traveled into the Twilight Zone? Maybe I've died and I am in heaven? Nah, if anything I am on the lower floors.

I had enough of the days' activities... blogging, reading, writing, researching, grocery shopping, the post office and now I wanted some me time. You know, that special time of the day when I allow my brain to transform itself into the Denny Shane Bubble Gum Factory?

Previously I had watched the Nightly News and started flipping through the channels. There was a rehash of Court TV's coverage of the priest accused of murdering a nun 24 years ago... Click. Rerun of CSI #23 which I've seen 10 times... Click.

I finally decided on the SciFi channel. Yes, this is what I needed after watching the Nightly News... good old fashioned horror to take my mind off of world events. Somehow I thought I could better deal with watching people having their brains eaten and their intestines pulled out rather than watching one more car bombing in Iraq.

Got a glass of ice tea, fluffed my pillow and laid back and relaxed. Ooooohhhh, this felt good... so good... I looked over at the clock on the bookcase and it was 7:00 PM. Now, as unbelievable as this sounds... from the miniscule time it took for my eyes to go from clock back to TV, I fell asleep!! Dead to the world!!

The next thing I knew I opened my eyes and I swear they were still in mid-flight between the clock and TV. Of course I didn't know that I fell asleep until my eyes darted back to the clock and it said 12:01 AM. What???????? I looked at the TV... no zombie looking people munching on body parts... it was some psycho slasher movie.

I was dumb-founded. I looked around and all the lights were on, computer was whirring away, there were hundreds of instant messages. Now this wasn't the first time this has happened but I think it's the first time it happened so fast! Instantly.

Observations and Questions
Has this ever happened to you?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this day in 1904, Cardinal Paul E. Leger, Archbishop (Montreal Quebec Canada). And rounding out the death notices we find on this date in 1989, Lucille Ball, comedienne/actress (I Love Lucy), dies of a massive heart attack at 78.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker