The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



19 April 2006

BLOGGERS BLOCK #54


N

ormally by this time of the morning, 4:45AM, I have something to write about and offer you. Sigh. Yes, that 'sigh' means exactly what it sounds like... I have bloggers block... again.

So in a panic attack, I have searched for interesting news in the world, to wit:

1. Just when I thought items in the news couldn't get any worse, I see this morning that President Bush has refused to rule out nuclear strikes if diplomacy failed to curb the Islamic Republic's of Iran's atomic ambitions. That's it Bushy baby, you tell 'em! either stop making bombs or we're gonna drop a bomb on you. Hmmm...

2. Bush admits to hearing voices! "I hear the voices. And I read the front page. And I know the speculation. But I'm the decider. And I decide what is best. And what's best is for Don Rumsfeld to remain as the secretary of defense," Bush said.

3. Do you know what an Atalatl is? I just found out this morning. The atlatl consists of a wooden pole about two feet long that, when wielded like a lacrosse stick, releases a spear about six to seven feet long. My old stomping ground of a State is considering allowing these weapons to be used for deer hunting as in ancient times. The atlatl is the ultimate in hunting cruelty because it will carry a high wounding rate, leaving animals who are struck by its spear to die a lingering death from infection, loss of blood, dehydration and hunger. I am so glad I am not a sportsman.

4. Kevin Hall now has a civil suit pending against Cheshire County jail officials, in New Hampshire, accusing them of failing to provide him proper medical treatment for his self-inflicted injuries. Ummm Kevin spent his time awaiting trial eating broken teacups and shards of metal. Hall says he sustained injuries that required $40,000 in medical treatment to remove materials from his intestines.

Observations and Questions
Now that I have pretty much successfully scraped the bottom of the barrel looking for something to write about this morning... anything on your mind?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this day in 1933 Jayne Mansfield, [Vera Jane Palmer], Bryn Mawr PA, actress (Guide for the Married Man, Girl Can't Help It, Too Hot to Handle). And in the death notices this date we find in 1882, Charles Robert Darwin, evolutionist (Origin of Species), begins his evolution into dust.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker