The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



13 April 2006

WILL YOU HELP ME TO GET OFF?


O

h get your minds out of the gutter... not that. I want to get off this merry-go-round I am on lately. I'm talking about my sleeping habits of late. Every so often I get into a cycle where I simply cannot sleep. Right now it's 1:37 AM Friday morning and I woke up at 11:30 PM Thursday night and I am now awake for the rest of the night/morning/whatever. I've even resorted to sleeping pills. I think I have an immunity to them.

Do you have any idea how boring it is at this time of the morning and nobody is online? I looked at all three of my instant messenger things and not one soul was on... everyone else in the world was sleeping. So here I sit, drinking coffee, trying to figure out what I should do with myself. I wish I was friendly with someone in Europe... they're awake now. You know, idle chit-chat like "how are the kids?" "how's the husband?" "what are you wearing?" If there's anyone awake over there in Italy, I am here, wide awake! France? England? Sheesh... the Bahamas?

Do you ever have these problems? What do you do when it happens? I guess I could resort to cleaning my apartment. I am looking around... the cleaning will wait.

Maybe I should read. The main bookcases are in the living room but I have a smaller one here in the office. Let's see here: The Mummy by Anne Rice, The Bible, The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran, The Pictorial Key to the Tarot, Spanish-English Dictionary... and the phone book. I cancelled HBO last week... sigh, I am doomed.

Let's see I started this article at what? 1:27AM... it's now 1:45AM Oh geez, it's gonna be a long night.

Observations and Questions
Does this happen to you? What do you do?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this day in 1977, Sarah Michelle Gellar, actress (Kendall-All My Children, Buffy) and in the death notices today we find in 1995 Burl Ives folk singer/actor (Cat on a Hot Tin Roof), dies at 85.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker