The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



25 April 2006

WOE IS ME I SAYETH


Y

es, it appears the cards have spoken. Earlier this morning I was over on my bud's blog, PDD and she apparently got her blog idea today from another bud, The Phoenix. They both wrote about tarot cards and their future. And to be honest they both got my curiosity flowing. To be completely honest, PDD, gets my curiosity flowing much more than Phoenix. Anyway... I decided to take out my deck of Tarot cards, which happen to be the Pamela Bellafuccio deck along with The Bellafuccio Pictorial Key to the Tarot. Both of which are highly regarded in the Tarot and Unabridged Bingo worlds.


It's been awhile since I've de-vined myself however I wanted to give it the old college try!

I should have known better... Sigh. As you can see, the very first card I turned over was The Hanged Man. Ok, no big deal as it was only the first card. With confidence I turned over the 2nd ominous card... Death. Okee dokee... I was just a bit cautious now as I flipped over the 3rd card... The Lovers! Now we're talking... or so I thought. According to The Legend, the last card is all powerful and should not be taken lightly. This card takes precedence over all others. Benito Mussolini had his cards read, drew the hanged man and within a week, he was hung upside down.



My fingers trembled as I touched the last card. I began to hear The Deguello playing softly in the background. This was not a good sign, which can be attested to by the courageous men of the Alamo, had any of them lived. I shut my eyes and flipped it over! GASP! The most dreaded tarot of them all!!! The infamous No Life card. I slumped back into my chair. One night a hundred years ago, little Lizzie Borden's mom and dad were bored and pulled out a tarot deck for the fun of it. Neither believed in them but kept them around for parties. They drew the horrid No Life card. They laughed and went to bed. Doomed I tell ya! Doomed!!

Why did I try to amuse myself... Curses on PDD and the Phoenix for giving me this stupid idea in the first place.

Observations and Questions
Do you believe in the Tarot? Ever had your cards read?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this day in 1940, Al Pacino, New York NY, actor (The Godfather) and in the death notices we find in 1995, Ginger Rogers, actress/dancer (Top Hat, Stage Door), dies at 83.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker