The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



04 May 2006

I AM STUPID AND...


M

y phone company, SBC, knows it. Maybe it's due to the sticker shock I am still experiencing from my foray into car buying... but... I received my phone bill and really, REALLY looked at it. The whole thing not just the bottom line.



Monthly Service
$55.94

Additional Charges and Additions
$3.85

Surcharges and Other Fees
$12.37

Taxes
$7.01

Total AT$T Internet Services
$23.11

Grand Total
$102.28

I looked over the bill at the different sections. I don't even know what half this junk is... tax for this, surcharge for this, federal government universal charge and it goes on and on for 6 pages! Yes, SIX pages!! Honestly, I can remember when phone bills were 1 page. Maybe $20.00.

It boils down to one of two things. Eat or talk this month.

Observations and Questions
What is your phone bill total? Do you even understand it? At least the Indians just used drums. But I am sure the phone company could figure out a way to charge for the air space. I have hit rock bottom and inserted a "Help Pay Denny's Phone Bill" button over on the left side there. Sigh.

Special Thank You
Thank you, thank you to the 2 people that ordered a tshirt and a thong from the gift shop! Any profit will go directly to my phone bill.

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this day in 1943, Stella Parton, sister of Dolly Parton/singer (A Woman's Touch). And in the death notices we have in 1975, Moe Howard [Moses Horowitz] comedian (3 Stooges), dies at 77.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker