The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



22 May 2006

I IS ALIVE AND WELL!


Y

es, I know y'all thought I flew the coup and took off for Tahiti or someplace, didn't ya? I wish I could have but unfortunately I didn't. I was stuck here going crazy. Last week was genuinely the week from hell.

First we all know about me running out of my medicines and my battle with the hospital. No need to go into that again. Next on the "let's get Denny hit list" was my desktop. All of a sudden it started really acting weird and very strange. It wouldn't do anything, files were disappearing left and right. I suspect a virus... I ran McAfee and Norton and all kinds of other programs. They all said the machine was just fine. But it ran slower than molasses and keep deleting files.

I was forced to use my laptop which I hate... no wait, I HATE. I hate it so much I looked at the blog here and couldn't even type an entry. Between that and my system getting use to no medication I didn't know if I was coming or going. Finally, the pills arrived and it took a day or two for them to kick in and settle down.

Then... after struggling with this computer I had to do the unthinkable. Yes, reformat. IN all the years since the early days of personal computers I have never had to do that and I was petrified. I made sure I had all of the files I needed, made sure they were clean from any infection and then inserted the reformat disk.

Everytime the screen said, "Are you sure?" I got worried but then finally uttered a few choice words and hit "GO"

To speed things up here... I am now sitting with a clean, fresh computer and free of all kinds of goofy, junky files that I've collected. I've got everything pretty much re-installed now and my blood pressure has returned to normal.

I made God an awful lot of promises over the last week... does anyone know how much a trip to the Holy Land cost? I think I made a lot of them because of the lack of my medicines. Does that sound like a decent cop-out? He understands, right?

Observations and Questions
Have you ever had to reformat?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this day in 1859, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle UK, author, Sherlock Holmes. And in the death notices we find in 1990, the great Rocky Graziano, boxer, dies at 71, of heart failure.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker