The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



24 May 2006

I MADE MY DECISION...


D

o you remember my dilemma from yesterday? I really went back and forth on what to do. I read and re-read all of the advice and suggestions that you, my friends, all gave me. I decided to go to church and early Mass and ask God for help. I prayed and prayed for help... a little lamb in the wilderness I was... I lost my way kinda/sorta. I needed guidance and money. Ok, moreso money than guidance. Anyway, along about then, in between the awful organ music and the serman, it was collection time. The basket was passed to me and lo' and behold, there was a brand-spanking new $20 bill laying right there ontop of all that money. Money for the poor of the parish. It hit me... I'm poor and I am of the parish. Why not just cut out the middle man? "Denny, you can't!" I thought... the other side of my brain said, "hey, they might give you that money anyways since your so needy." What to do, what to do... I struggled... I asked God for an answer....

Anyway, let's get on to the main thrust of this blog entry. After Mass I headed to the grocery store and bought food and freshly baked Italian bread. Four bags full of life sustaining food! Once home I unloaded the stuff and put the refrigerated things in the box and then decided I would go and see the DaVinci Code.

On my way to the movie theater I stopped by the store and bought a carton of cigarettes... then it was to the Palace 56 Theater. 56 screens! 3 floors! Movies running 24/7... wow... The DVC was running of 14 screens! Ok, I exaggerated a bit there. My verdict on the movie? Well.... if you asked me...

It was a good movie, not as good as the novel but then no movie is ever better than the book counterpart.. As I've mentioned before, in this blog, I am not a Tom Hanks fan. Having said that I was mildly surprised at his portrayal of Robert Langdon. And Audrey Tautou as Sophie Neveu was pretty good as well! The movie, as the novel, was a mixture of truth, fiction and everything inbetween and leaves the viewer/reader with a lot to think about... question and believe or disbelieve. It opens up several new doors to discussion and thought.

The novel of course went into much more detail on things that the movie skipped over but if you didn't read the book you wouldn't know things were missing.

I would rate this a: "I'll buy the video also". The 149 minutes actually flew by really fast.

Observations and Questions
Open mic night... what's on your mind?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this day in 1898, Gene Tunney, world heavyweight boxing champion (1926-30). And in the death notices we find in 1996, Buck, the dog (Married with Children), dies at 13.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker