The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



04 July 2006

NOT THE BEST WAY TO CUT BACK ON YOUR ELECTRIC BILL


Y

es folks, in another one of our scoops, we have discovered how prison officials in Multan, Pakistan are trying to cut back on soaring electrical bills.


MULTAN, Pakistan - "When I woke up I felt a pain in my lower abdomen, but later in hospital, they told me this," Mohammad said. And enlighten us, what did they tell old Fateh Mohammad?

Fateh Mohammad, a prison inmate in Pakistan, says he woke up last weekend with a glass light bulb in his anus.

On Wednesday night, doctors brought Mohammad's misery to an end after a one-and-a-half hour operation to remove the object.

"Thanks Allah, now I feel comfort. Today, I had my breakfast. I was just drinking water, nothing else," Mohammad, a gray-bearded man in his mid-40s, told Reuters from a hospital bed in the southern central city of Multan.

"We had to take it out intact," said Dr. Farrukh Aftab at Nishtar Hospital. "Had it been broken inside, it would be a very very complicated situation."

Mohammad, who is serving a four-year sentence for making liquor, prohibited for Muslims, said he was shocked when he was first told the cause of his discomfort. He swears he didn't know the bulb was there.

"I don't know who did this to me. Police or other prisoners."

The doctor treating Mohammad said he'd never encountered anything like it before, and doubted the felon's story that someone had drugged him and inserted the bulb while he was comatose.

Observations and Questions
I am really flabbergasted at this one. I know there is some kind of smart remark inside of me trying to get out but I can't think of any. You?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1810 Phineas Taylor Barnum, Bethel Conn, circus promoter (Barnum & Bailey). And in the death notices we find in 1983 Harry James swing-era bandleader/trumpet player, dies in Las Vegas.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Algeria : Independence Day (1962)
Isle of Man : Tynwald Day (1266)
Laos : Boun Festival
Rwanda : Peace & National Unity Day
Venezuela : Independence Day (1811)

EXTRA IMPORTANT NOTICE
Please look over on the right side of the blog... and elsewhere on my blog and where the fellow bloggers pictures are/were. The storage place tried to collect their monthly fee but due to the fact I change my accounting number, they failed to get their 30 pieces of silver. Without warning they disconnected me immediately.

On Monday I tried to email them and even called them. I spoke with a girl who answered the phone. She acted as if she didn't have a clue what I was speaking about. I asked for the contact person and he was busy but would call me back. Well here it is Wednesday and no call. I'm taking my biz elsewhere. I searched your blogs and took pictures to use but failed to get many of them.

SO...if you were over there and your picture is missing, send me another one poste haste! Also, if you would like to be there let me know also! Thanks! If I don't hear from you in a week, give or take, then your blank spot will come down.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker