The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



06 July 2006

THIS AND THAT: IDLE GOSSIP


W

ell friends, with nothing better to write about today I scoured the headlines and stole some material. Yes, for a switch rather than having ABC steal news from me, I have turned the tables. Enjoy!



Keith Richards: Capt. Jack Sparrows Father
Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is lined up to play the swashbuckling father of Johnny Depp in in the third installment of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series, star Johnny Depp said Tuesday.

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer said Richards would have a cameo role as the father of the flamboyant Captain Jack Sparrow, played by Depp, in the third "Pirates" movie, which is due to resume filming next month in California.

Willie Nelson Buys Boyhood Church
Hoping to save a piece of hometown history, Willie Nelson has bought the Methodist church where he honed his musical skills as a boy.

Nelson, 73, celebrated the church's preservation at a Sunday service that brought together longtime parishioners, friends and family - including his sister - for prayers and gospel music.

"Sister Bobbie and I have been going to this church since we were born," Nelson said. "Now, you're all members of the Abbott Methodist Church, and you will be, forever and ever."

Ken Lay Dies in Colorado
Rest Finally in Peace Ken.

A Bunch of "Why's"
Why can't we find Osama bin Laden? We found al-Zarqawi. We found Sadam Hussein. Why can't we assassinate what's-his-name in North Korea?

"I Flushed The Problem"
James Jenkins wanted to end it. No more fantasies. No more molesting little girls. He knew he was the only one who could stop it; he was just waiting for the right time.

The right moment arrived one night nearly three years ago when he was alone in an Accomack County, Va., jail cell. He had spent five years in a Virginia prison for sexually molesting three young girls and another 2 1/2 years for violating his parole. The next morning, a prosecutor was going to ask a judge to commit him to a state facility for high-risk sex offenders. Jenkins could think of only one way out.

He asked a jail guard for a razor. He told the guard he wanted to look nice and cleanshaven for his court hearing the next day. The guard hesitated but handed Jenkins the blade. Jenkins walked to the shower in his cell. He bit the blade out of its plastic casing and stuffed an apple in his mouth to muffle his screams. Then he castrated himself and flushed his testicles down the jail cell toilet.

Observations and Questions
Whatcha got for me this morning?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1925 Bill Haley, Mich. (& the Comets-Rock Around the Clock). And in the death notices we find in 1971 Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong, jazz musician (Hello Dolly), dies at 70.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Malawi: Independence Day (1964)/Republic Day (1966)

EXTRA IMPORTANT NOTICE <--- pretend this is blinking.
Please look over on the right side of the blog... and elsewhere on my blog and where the fellow bloggers pictures are/were. The storage place tried to collect their monthly fee but due to the fact I change my accounting number, they failed to get their 30 pieces of silver. Without warning they disconnected me immediately.

On Monday I tried to email them and even called them. I spoke with a girl who answered the phone. She acted as if she didn't have a clue what I was speaking about. I asked for the contact person and he was busy but would call me back. Well here it is Monday Wednesday Thursday and still no call. I'm taking my biz elsewhere and screw Solis Image Share. All my graphic biz is now with PhotoBucket. I searched your blogs and took pictures to use but failed to get many of them.

SO...if you were over there and your picture is missing, send me another one poste haste! Also, if you would like to be there let me know also! Thanks! If I don't hear from you in a week, give or take, then your blank spot will come down.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker