The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



02 August 2006

THE ENDING OF A REALLY NICE VACATION


S

unshine, relaxation, gorgeous females, tempting foods. What could you ask for while on vacation? Absolutely stunning scenery... and very old volcano, Mount Vesuvio in the near distance.

YOUR QUESTIONS

Dark Angel quizically asks: "past lives, what EXACTLY or who EXACTLY do you think you were without everyone thinking you're insane and what details (particular interests, dreams, deja vu, etc.) led to you be convinced of who and where you were last time?"

The question Dark Angel presents brings back many memories of happier times. And these memories are the only subject of today's blog.

I always enjoy talking about my days back then, up to a certain point that is... It was a gorgeous day in August, 79 A.D. and I was winding down a short vacation in my favorite spot of the Empire, Pompeii!A citizen of Rome, and I think I was an important citizen of the world's greatest power. I can't quite figure that part out yet. Anyway... I was winding down my vacation to the city and I hated to leave but I was needed back in Rome, for what I don't know yet.

Over on the right you can see a picture of my house, actually the house belonged to my cousin who I was staying with while in Pompeii.

Geez, the kids were always running around... non-stop...

Anyway, the time had come for me to leave my little vacation heaven. I boarded a ship back to Rome in a little port city called Hurculeum, not far from Pompeii. A leisurely cruise of 4 days would completely and totally relax me. I settled in and the ship embarked and headed for Rome.

After two days we pulled into port for a few supplies. The news of the destruction of Pompeii spread fast from the people on the loading docks. I was forever stunned.

Observations and Questions
I keep saying it and one of these days I am going to find someone I trust that does these past life regressions. I swear when I went to Pompeii as a tourist, I practically knew where everything was located... even my house! It comes in bits and pieces. Hey! Was anyone else in Pompeii around 15 August 79? Maybe we knew each other!

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1922 Carroll O'Connor NYC, actor (All in the Family, Heat of the Night). And in the death notices on this date in 1876 Wild Bill Hickok shot dead (from behind) by Jack McCall while playing poker. He held a pair of Aces & a pair of 8's, now known as the Dead Man's Hand.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Costa Rica : Virgin of Angels feast
Grenada : Emancipation Day
Lesotho : National Tree Planting Day
Malawi : Bank Holiday
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker