The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



21 August 2006

I AM WRITING THE BOSS!


D

ear God: Hi! This is little Denny Shane, formerly from Philly and now living in Houston... Yes, the same Denny Shane, former altar boy, and that at my first midnight Mass on Christmas Eve got into a laughing fit on the altar with Jerry Flanagan. We laughed so hard tears were running down our faces. But since You know all things, You already know it was not me making those "farting" noises... it was Flanagan. Little did we know that the altar boy nun, Sister Irma Concilli, was sitting right behind us in the first pew. The next day I wished I had joined the Choir instead.

Anywho... I have a question... What exactly do You do the whole day? I know You don't create wars and things because that would be pre-destination and we don't believe in that.

But something is wrong here and I know only You can correct it.

It seems we have a Sunday School teacher named Mary Lambert and she teaches Sunday School at the First Baptist Church in Watertown, New York. Now I know that You and I are both Catholic, well, because the school taught me that it's the only one, true religion... so You must be a Catholic also. The fact that Mary is a Baptist shouldn't have any bearing on this situation. She received a letter the other day from the Pastor of her church, Rev. Timothy LaBouf. The letter says that the church had adopted an interpretation that prohibits women from teaching men... therefore she couldn't teach Sunday School anymore because boys, who grow into men, also attended. She had taught there for 54 years. 54 Years!!!!!

The letter quoted the first epistle to Timothy: "I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent." "I believe that a woman can perform any job and fulfill any responsibility that she desires to outside of the church", LaBouf wrote Saturday.

Now if You correct this situation, I promise to stop making deals with You about hitting the lottery... which You know darn well I wouldn't keep anyway.

Do You see where I am going with this? I think this little item may have just snuck past You. I don't have a problem if she wants to teach Sunday School at the Baptist Church...

Look, how about we let her teach Sunday School before she converts to our side, becomes a Catholic and wants to be a priest.

Observations and Questions
So people. Any comments?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1934 Norman Schwartzkopf NJ, US General (Liberated Kuwait from Iraq). And in the death notices in 1977 Sebastian Cabot actor (Mr French-Family Affair), dies at 59.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
1911 Mona Lisa stolen from Louvre
1902 Pres Teddy Roosevelt became 1st US chief executive to ride in a car
1989 Nolan Ryan strikes out his 5,000th batter
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker