The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



05 August 2006

PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT SATURDAY


T

oday is Saturday and that means Photo Scavenger Hunt. Today's subject is Money! I'm talking lire, pesos, pesada, duetchmark. However, now that Europe has gone to the Euro... come on, how boring. I loved the old coins.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Grab the Scavenger Hunt Code
Join the Hunt. Join the Blogroll


Below are just a few of my more interesting coins from the Roman Empire. And if you read my answer to Dark Angel's question the other day, you'll know why Roman coins are my favorite filthy lucre!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


My 2nd all time favorite coin is right above. It's Alexander the Great. And of course my all time favorite coin... that of my Great Uncle Julius, the one and only Caesar of Rome seen below!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


These are only a few of many Denari. I obtained them while in Rome, years ago. As you can imagine they are kept under strict security. For the first time ever I am showing an actual photograph of my impenetrable coin vault.

>Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


This vault is so secure in my home that it took me three days to actually find it to photograph.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker