The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



08 August 2006

SOMEBODY, PLEASE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME


A

s many times as I read and hear stories like this one, I shake my head in disbelief. A motorist drove her car into the front window of a southwest Houston convenience store Sunday.

The driver stepped on the gas pedal after she stopped her car in a parking space in front of the store, officials said. Let's see here... I am pulling into a parking spot in front of a store... I apply the brakes to stop. Shouldn't I then put the car in Park, turn off the ignition and take my keys. Why would I step on the gas pedal?

Another one: Just last week another motorist stepped on the gas instead of the brake and crashed into another store. If the driver stepped on the gas instead of the brake... where was her foot in the first place? Shouldn't it already have been on one of the petals to begin with? If your foot is on the gas, shouldn't you know the other petal must be the brake? Plus your foot should be on one of those petals at all times.

Observations and Questions
Duh?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1930 Andy Warhol artist/movie producer (Frankenstein, Bad). And in our death notices for today in 1961 Charlie Gemora actor who portrayed King Kong, dies at 58.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Afghanistan: Independence Day (1919)
Ivory Coast: Independence Day (1960)
Nepal: Tij Day - Woman's holiday. Happy Tij day to all of my female blogger buddies!
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker