The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



08 September 2006

FRIENDS, WE ARE GATHERED HERE...


G

eez, is it Friday already? I am so unprepared. I don't know what's wrong with me this week. Know what I mean? Do you ever feel like while you were sleeping someone went in and wiped your brain clear of all thoughts? I am looking at my keyboard hoping the words just type themselves. Doing this for a living as a journalist would drive me nuts.

Going to some blogs I am amazed that day after day they have great postings. There are times, like now, where I start typing and as I type I hope something comes to me quick before I get to the end of the article.

Earlier in the week my youngest son turned 32. Tomorrow on Saturday my middle daughter turns 10. I went and bought her a telescope... a BIG one. It's so big she'll be able to see people walking around on Pluto, the ex-planet. This year she didn't want a birthday party... instead she's having a sleep-over with a few girls from her class.

Tomorrow is also our Scavenger Hunt Saturday. This week the subject is Food. Have I written 100 words yet?

Observations and Questions
What's on your agenda this weekend? If it's gonna be boring I want to hear all about it. Misery loves company ya know.

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1932 Patsy Cline Va, country singer (Walkin' After Midnight). And in the death notices we find in 1969 Bud Collyer TV emcee (Beat the Clock, To Tell the Truth), dies at 61.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Andorra: National Day
Guinea-Bissau: Independence Day (1974)
Lichfield, England: Sheriff's Ride Ceremony (1533)
Malta: Commemoration of Regatta Day/Commemoration of 2 Sieges (1565)
Mauritius: Mid Autumn Festival
*North Korea: National Day (Established Govt) (1948)
South Korea: Thanksgiving Day
Uganda: Republic Day (1967)
Scotland: Fisherman's Walk Day

* I decided from now on that countries I don't like will have a line through them.
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker