The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



22 September 2006

IF I DIDN'T KNOW BETTER


A

fter watching the side show that Hugo Chavez has put on in the last several days, I would swear he was running for President. Chavez stunned delegates at the U.N. General Assembly on Wednesday by calling Bush "the devil himself" and saying he left the smell of sulfur hanging in the chamber from his appearance the previous day.

He received an ovation at the United Nations.

However, what caught my attention was the raucous and upbeat receptions later Wednesday at a free university and again on Thursday at a Baptist church in the predominantly black neighborhood of Harlem.

U.S. officials said Chavez's remarks did not dignify a response. Even Nancy Pelosi, a liberal member of Congress and one of Bush's fiercest political opponents, called Chavez a "thug" for likening Bush to the devil.

"Hugo Chavez fancies himself a modern day Simon Bolivar but all he is an everyday thug," the House Democratic leader said at a news conference. In his New York appearance, Chavez invoked Bolivar and his other favorite leaders and thinkers as he lectured Americans on their own history and race relations, such as slavery and the conquest of Native Americans.

I don't know friends... I look around the world and I shake my head. I can't even imagine what the world will look like as my grandchildren grow up.

Observations and Questions
If you could have anyone, and I do mean anyone... presently living or dead in history be the President of the US, who would it be? They don't have to be an American citizen either.

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1960 Joan Jett Phila, singer (Blackhearts-I Love Rock 'n Roll). And in the death notices we have in 1989 Irving Berlin composer, dies at 101.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Mali: Independence Day (1960)
Wheaton, Illinois: Autumn Harvest Festival
US: American Indian Day (4th Friday in September) (1916)
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker