The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



20 September 2006

MEL'S DAUGHTER GETS MARRIED


M

el Gibson watched his daughter get married yesterday - in his own personal church.

According to reports, the 'Lethal Weapon' actor looked on proudly as his daughter Hannah tied the knot with guitarist Kenny Wayne Shepherd in a traditional Catholic ceremony at his Holy Family church. The church is situated on Mel's estate in Malibu, California. But the fact that the church is on Mel's estate isn't what caught my eye and normally I wouldn't have cared.

What did catch my eye was the fact that the wedding ceremony and Mass was said in Latin! Way to go Mel! Call me an old-fashioned Catholic... but having been an Altar Boy and learning the dead language in order to give the proper responses, I have had an affinity for the "out-lawed" Latin Mass.

Maybe I'll get in trouble with some of my more modern Catholic readers but I do not like the present day Mass. Clapping, singing, shaking hands... ugh. I always felt that you went to church on Sunday to pray... not to perform and get so wrapped up in singing and clapping that you have no time to do what you are supposed to do in church... pray and think about your life.

The Latin Mass was used only for about 1500 years... until Pope Paul VI decided the Mass should be said in the local language.

Anyway, I could go on and on and write paragraph after paragraph on this subject. It's one of my all time favorite "bitch about" subjects.

Observations and Questions
Is there anything about your religion that you would change, if you could?

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 357 -BC- Alexander the Great, king of Macedonia. And in the death notices we find in 1973 Jim Croce singer/songwriter (Time In A Bottle, Bad Bad Leroy Brown), dies in a plane crash at 30.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Laos: Thanksgiving
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker