The url of this site has been changed. Please update your bookmarks! Not So Normal News



16 September 2006

PHOTO SCAVENGER HUNT SATURDAY


T

his week may be one of my favorites. Entitled "Lookin' Up". I'm not very good at looking up at the sun so I don't do "sun" very well. It hurts my eyes. lol But I do love the moon! My only problem is that I always seem to see it when I am alone. Sigh.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Grab the Scavenger Hunt Code
Join the Hunt. Join the Blogroll


This has got to be one of my all time favorites... The sunrise over Ambergris Caye in Belize.

Sunrise Over AC


Next up, an unbelievable moon in the sky over Altun Ha in Belize. Altun Ha was a Maya religious site in it's heyday. Can you even imagine sitting ontop of that Maya temple with that special someone?

Moon Altun Ha, Belize


However, my all time favorite is the Forum in Rome. As many of you long time readers know I have an affinity for Rome. If there were ever previous lives, then this is where I was in one of those bygone lives. This is a shot of the moon over the temple of Saturn and the temple of Vespasian. This is why I keep going back!

The Forum, Rome


Observations and Questions
Don't forget tomorrow is "Get Rid of Your Sins Day!

Next Week
Eyes

Birth Announcements and Dusty Death Notices
Born this date in 1924, my first true love, Lauren Bacall Staten Island, actress (Dark Passage, Key Largo). And in the death notices in 1498 Tomas de Torquemada, inquisitor and kinda kinky guy who burned 10,000 people, died.

Holidays and Special Dates Today Around the World
Malaysia, Singapore: Independence Day (1963)
Oklahoma: Cherokee Strip Day (1893)
Papua-New Guinea: National Day (1975)
US: American Legion Charter Day (1919)
Comments: Post a Comment

Site Design & Layout
Blogs Gone Wild!

Copyright Denny Shane 2004, 2005, 2006

eXTReMe Tracker